Saturday, October 29, 2011

3rd Annual New Year's in the Woods?

Happy Fall Lovie[s],

I hope the season is treating you well. It has gotten cold very quickly and I suspect we will have a very chilly snowy winter-I cannot wait! Dare we forgot the last time Berwyn got snowed in together. Eskimo forts, tunnels and trips to Town Hall. Lets make some new winter memories with the Third Annual New Years Celebration in the Woods!!!

I'm helping James plan this year's gathering, but first I'd like to see if you are interested in spending New Year's Eve in the woods. This will keep us from having to squeeze 24 people in a six person cabin. We made it work, but Damn was it tight. 


New Years Eve 2011 falls on a Saturday. I'm thinking about booking the cabin for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights OR Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Nights. We'd have to be out by 3pm the next day Cabins that are available include:
  • Rosser Lamb (VA) (the cabin from the Old Rag/Forth of July trip) a Semi-Primitive cabin that sleeps 12, so whats that 48 for us? We can drive straight up to this cabin, or walk .8 mile.
This is the cabin before they put the porches on, for updated pictures check my..oh wait i dont' have a facebook
    
  • Cliff's House (VA)- This modern number sleeps 6 BUT down the trail from this balling cabin is another cabin  Robert Humphrey (Formaly Weaver)-Semi-Primitive, Sleeps 10, no hike. We could get one, or both of these babies,the idea being that some of us get a little more crazy then others... so a Heaven Cabin and a Hell Cabin.  You can drive to both of these cabins.
similar to Cliff's House, beds up stairs and down, porch in front and back


 



R.H. Weaver Cabin


  • Corbin a Primitive (VA) 12 person cabin.  1.4 mile hike in.This cabin is within the park limits so this we'll be a "last resort"
  • Milesburn (PA)- Primitive, sleeps 10, a quote "40 foot" hike into the cabin. 
  • Litte Cove (PA)-Modern, sleeps 8, no hike in, and no picuture as well, sorry
  • UPDATE: James is going to check with his parents to see if we can grab the Briscoe Deep Creek Cabin!!!






Okay, sooo for numbers, I am trying to break away from the email system. For one not everyone on the list lives in the area and two: they get annoying at times. Lets try to use the comment box to let me know:

- if you are coming, thinking about coming,
-for what days?
-how many people you are coming with?

 As we get closer to the date there will be another awesone spreadsheet. Even if you are not Sure that you are coming please let me know by putting the odds/chances.


Love you much; Peace Peace


La






13 comments:

  1. Yeah yeah! So stoked. I'd be there NYE for sure and probably Friday, the night before as well. If we aren't too huge a group we could try the one in PA to make things easier for the Philly crew. But they all look awesome. No guests as of now. Anyone wanna be my date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm down with having two cabins, one for overflow crazies. It might be fun to bounce between the two. Although, I am down to make life easier for the Philly crew. Len, you can be mine and Becca's date.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i can't wait to be with you all again :)
    like curtis said two cabins might be good to support the craziness, but i'll try to keep my knickers on if we get one cabin... i'm making no promises. haha.
    i'll probably be working that saturday, so i'd be able to stay that night and sunday night if we go that route.

    ps len if you're our date, i call middle!! bex sandwich!!!!!! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am I coming? Am I alive?
    Me and Chloe will be there.
    The two cabin thing sounds interesting, though I'd like to know more about the trail connecting them... I'm concerned about drunk Berwynites on steep wooded hills.
    I think I'd rather do Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights, so that we don't have to clean-up hungover, but I have to check the school calendars at work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren and James- THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ORGANIZING THIS AGAIN! You guys are awesome!!! I am down for any of the cabins, but the more space the better! While I'm sure I'll love another year of cramming 22 people in a 6 person cabin, a lil extra room might be nice :) I'll be bringing Wes (!) and our schedule is pretty open, but Friday, Saturday and maybe Sunday sound good to me. Also, we'll be in town December 25th through January 4th. Who wants to hang out??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and Len, you can be our date, too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daniel and I are soooooooo down!!! I have fond memories of everyone crammed into one cabin around the wood stove, but it doesn't really matter to me. We would def be there saturday night, and a poss on friday night. YAYYY

    ReplyDelete
  8. To all of the couples for which I will be your date this NYE: we shall sleep in a pyramid shape such that each pair of people is equidistant to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was planning on being part of that Len pyramid, but now that I know he is going, my date will be Kirby.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be there! also I may bring sammie. len you have a lot of dates already but of course you can be ours too. or just mine...or sam's.

    also any of the cabin ideas sound good. as long as its in the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im in. Too early to comment on whether Im bringing anyone else, but put me down for a plus one anyway. at the very least I'll bring my domestic partner. ;) I LOVED the rossier lamb cabin, and since we know how to get there now, my vote is for that one, with a close second being the heaven/hell cabins. i have some vacation time to use up, so im spending as much time in this cabin as possible. Thanks for planning, YO! let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am living in Malaysia/Asia until (at least) April and will very sadly miss 2011 Berwyn cabinning. New Years with y'all and Christmas with my family are the highlights of each year and I never thought I would miss either. Berwynites, I hold you so close to my heart and miss each one of you, as well as our beautiful collective spirit.

    I promise I will come back to you Berwyn.

    Len, you could be my spirit's date. So many offers!

    ReplyDelete