Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Observations of and doings in the American West…

Oh, hey guys.

As some of you may know, I’m currently about two-thirds of the way through my little adventure around the U.S. I’ve been to Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Pennsylvania, Washington, Montana, Oregon and California and will soon make a stop in Texas (to say hey to Ms. Kerry Fitzpatrick) before heading home on Thanksgiving! I just thought I would give you a little update on the Western portion of my trip.

Seattle, WA was lovely as always. If you ever go there, take the Red Hook Brewery tour in Woodinville and/or the Theo Chocolates tour. Did any of you current Berwyn folk get to try the chocolate I sent Michelle? Delicious. I wouldn’t really suggest a stop in Pioneer Square…I almost stepped in vomit.

Montana is cold. Really fucking cold. I toured the University of Montana. I loved the school and their Resource Conservation Program, but seriously? Snow on October 5th? I don't feel great about that. However, Montana is one of the only places I’ve been in a long time that actually feels like it may have some “wilderness” left in it.

I drank a lot in Portland, OR. The city has a fantabulous bookstore. The Portland Museum of art is neat. I guess Oregon is kind of how I would imagine my own personal Heaven. I’m putting in a firm vote for a Berwyn II relocation to Oregon. I met some nice individuals who grew up on a commune/farm outside the city… think about it. I mean, ours doesn’t have to include that whole free-love thing or homeschooled children…unless you’re into that…I guess.

The entire state of California smells like weed. This is not an exaggeration. Ok, I can only definitively speak for Northern California, but that’s still impressive. I’m staying in the Napa area with my Aunt and Uncle, but I just saw Amy Dewan in San Francisco last week. We ate some delicious walnut pie. Amy is working on a sweet documentary. You should ask her about that sometime.

Thursday I’m headed to Los Angeles. I’ll probably meet a lot of rich and famous people who will naturally want to hang out with me and pay me a lot of money and solve my unemployment issue.

Anyways…

I miss you all! I can’t wait for a joyous reunion. I’ll see many of you in approximately 16 days.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment